MATHILDE & THOMAS' RECIPES
- 8 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 4 tablespoons LATROP beer, placed in freezer for 10 minutes
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Avoid using pre-grated cheese which, due to additives that prevent clumping, may affect the cracker's texture.
- Fit a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. On low speed, mix together cheese, butter and salt until well combined. Add the flour and continue mixing until small pea-sized pieces form, then slowly add one tablespoon of beer at a time until the dough begins to form into a ball (not all of the beer may be needed). Form the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 1/8-inch thick rectangle. Cut dough into 1-inch squares using a fluted pastry wheel or pizza cutter. To create the trademark hole in the center, use the back of a wooden skewer. Transfer crackers to the prepared baking sheets, leaving a bit of space between each one.
- Bake on the center rack for 15 to 20 minutes, until puffed and beginning to brown at the edges. Transfer crackers to a wire rack to cool. Crackers will become crispy and flaky once fully cooled.
Bon appétit !
Do you like our recipes ? Tell it on your social network...